S.N.S. College, Tekari - Gaya was established in 1966 with a view to impart higher education to the scholars of the rural and sub-urban areas of Tekari. In 1978, it became a constituent unit of Magadh University. Since then the S. N. S. College has grown by many folds and now a day the college is a well known educational body in the Gaya division and offering various courses in Science, Arts, Humanities, Business Administration and Computer Applications. Tekari is an old and historical town and this is the only college in the radius of 12 kilometers to provide higher. education to the students.
- Promote quality education for all.
- Advance and disseminate learning and knowledge.
- Effort to alleviate the socio-economic strata of life & society.
- Develop a sense of responsibility in the students to serve the society.
- Endeavor to amalgamate knowledge in the working place, agriculture, business, teaching, etc.
- Imbibe confidence of identity in the first generation students of SC, ST & OBC.
- Promote inter-disciplinary study.
- To inculcate extra-curricular activities amongst the students.
- Impart conception of parliamentary system, democratic attitude and constitutional bindings amongst the students.
- Elimination of social differences through education
- Above all to turn the students into a good dutiful citizen.
Our Future Plans
The Academic Council of the college is actively engaged to introduce several UG and PG level professional courses. The process has already been started to start the following courses.
Apart from these courses we are also considering for infrastructural development, which include :
- Separate building for Computer Applications & IT courses
- Separate building for Bio technology department.
- Post Office
- Well developed play ground